HYBRID GEARBOX HOUSING & REAR MOUNTS (GREEN) - TRAXXAS 2WD
Gearbox Housing and Rear Mounts, Green: TRA 2WD Vehicles
The RPM Hybrid Gearbox Housing and Rear Mounts for Traxxas 2wd vehicles is designed to solve a multitude of issues with stock and other aftermarket transmission housings.
Our gearbox housing and mounts are a blend of aluminum and molded nylon parts for the perfect combination of strength, durability and heat dissipation.
Each RPM Gearbox Housing kit is available in black, green or blue and comes will all necessary mounting hardware and instructions. Whether racing or bashing, the RPM Gearbox Housing is one of the least expensive yet most valuable options you can buy! Every RPM Gearbox Housing kit is proudly designed and manufactured in the USA! Get yours today!
Tech Notes: RPM Gearbox Housings do not include internal components (gears bearings, shafts, etc.). Internal components (either stock or aftermarket) must be transferred to the RPM Gearbox Housing from the stock Traxxas transmission. RPM Gearbox Housings replace stock Traxxas TRA3691 (or TRA3691A). Due to the amount of strengthening material RPM added to the rear mounts, some modification of stock a-arms may be needed to allow free suspension movement. This slight interference issue is nonexistent when used with RPM rear a-arms.
Slash 2wd LCG Chassis Notes: The Traxxas Slash LCG Chassis is slightly longer than the standard chassis so some modification of the back end may be necessary. A 45° chamfer, a radius or shortening the chassis by a small amount corrects the issue.
- Retains stock bumper mounting holes for positive, solid support of any bumper or wheelie bars you may choose
- Quiet! With a completely enclosed gearbox housing, you’ll no longer have the loudest transmission on the track
- Redesigned exterior features are smoother; making it less likely dirt will adhere or build up on the case
- Offers significant motor heat dissipation for cooler motor temperatures, unlike stock plastic motor plates that insulate the motor
- Separate housing and rear mounts means transmission maintenance won’t affect suspension settings
- Modified housing to eliminate the huge bottom hole in the stock housing, keeping your internal gears cleaner longer
- Retains a stock “cover” for the motor, adding motor protection where most aftermarket housings leave the motor completely exposed to rear impacts
- Manufactured in the USA from 3mm thick, 6061 T6 aluminum for serious strength and durability
- Sold with two sets of rear mounts in each package – 0° and 3° rear mounts are included
- Molded from the RPM blend of ultra durable, long lasting, bulletproof nylons